- 250 g foie gras
- 50 g butter
- 1 tblsp oil
- 4 thick slices brioche
- 200 ml balsamic vinegar
- 200 ml red wine
- 250 ml beef stock
- 4 tblsp bramble jelly
- To make the jus, place the Balsamic vinegar, red wine and beef stock in a sauce pan and bring to the boil.
- Whisk in a teaspoon of bramble jelly and reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid thickens to a sauce consistency.
- Season and set aside.
- Slice the foie gras into 4 slices.
- Toss the butter and oil into a hot frying-pan.
- When the butter bubbles add the foie gras.
- Cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until caramelised and then turn over and cook the other side.
- Butter the brioche and toast gently.
- Cut into shapes with a cutter and place on a serving dish.
- Place the seared foie gras alongside and drizzle with some of the pan juices and the balsamic reduction sauce.
- Garnish with a little bramble jelly.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say