- 4 medium-sized squid
- 1 kg mussels (scrubbed and cleaned)
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1 medium spanish onion (peeled)
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of chilli
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tblsp dried oregano
- 1 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tblsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 french stick
- Put the oil in a heavy based frying pan and toss in the crushed garlic, cook for about 30 seconds.
- Dice the onions finely and stir in with the garlic.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until they are soft but not browned.
- Stir in the chilli, bay leaf, fresh thyme and oregano and leave to sauté gently for about 15 minutes.
- Clean the squid and cut into rings, stir into the frying pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and tomatoes and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 40-50 minutes until the squid is tender.
- Next stir the cleaned mussels into the pot and cover the pan with a lid or large plate.
- Leave until all the mussels have opened and discard any that have not.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh parsley and serve with some rustic French stick.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say