- 1 small sheet of pre-prepared puff pastry
- 1 pastry brush and ½ cup of water
- 250 g caster sugar
- Roll out puff pastry into a square about ½ " thick.
- Brush whole sheet one side only with water.
- Lightly Sprinkle caster sugar to cover the entire pastry.
- Fold each side in to make a rectangle.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Follow steps 4 and 5 again.
- Brush the top of the roll with water and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Cut the roll into 1" thick pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet 4" apart and cook for 15 minutes at 160°C.
- Take out of the oven and remove immediately from the baking sheet unto the cooling rack it is imperative not to let the sugar crystallize.