- 110 g sirloin steak (minced or very finely chopped)
- 1/2 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- pinch of oregano
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 15 mini burger baps
- cheese, gherkins, salad and tomatoes to garnish
- Heat a large pan a third filled with the vegetable oil, for deep-frying.
- To make the burger, place the steak, onion, oregano and egg yolk into a large bowl (or food processor) and mix together to combine.
- Shape the mixture into a round, this makes approximately 15 mini burgers
- Heat the oil in a griddle pan until hot. Grill the burger for four to five minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Place in a mini bap, garnish with a gerkin or piece of tomato and squire together with a cocktail stick, serve.