- 1 kg apples
- 300 ml cider
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon
- Quarter and core the apples, place them in a pot and pour over the cider.
- Then add enough water just to cover and the spice. Bring to the boil and simmer until the apples are soft and mushy.
- Sieve or pass the pulp and weigh. Put the pulp back on the heat to gently dry before adding the warmed sugar, allow 350g to 450g of pulp.
- When the sugar has totally dissolved add the zest and juice of the lemon. Continue to cook gently until drawing a wooden spoon across the surface leaves a trail.
- Pour into wide mouthed jars or trays, cover with waxed paper cool and seal.