- 100 g butter
- 200 g plain chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 2 tblsp jameson whiskey
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 100 g caster sugar
- pouring cream (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Generously butter 4 x heatproof cups or ramekins that are approximately 7.5 cm/3 in diameter and 4 cm/1 1/2 in deep, using 25 g/1 oz of the butter.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining 75 g/3 oz of the butter until melted. Stir in the whiskey and set aside to cool.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks have formed.
- Whisk in half of the sugar, a third at a time, whisking well after each addition until stiff and very shiny.
- In a separate bowl, beat the remaining sugar and egg yolks until pale and fluffy, then beat into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the meringue and use to fill the prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until well risen but still with a slight wobble in the middle.
- To serve
- Arrange the Irish whiskey chocolate fondants and serving plates with small jugs of pouring cream.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say