- 1 oz butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 red onions (cut into wedges)
- 1 onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 inch of ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 lb good quality sausages
- 4 red apples (sliced)
- 4 green apples (sliced)
- 1 tblsp soft brown sugar
- 11 floz unsweetened apple juice
- 1 dessertspoon chilli sauce
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 14 oz tin of cannellini beans
- Melt the butter in a large casserole dish, add the oil and heat through.
- Add the garlic, onions, ginger and cook until crispy.
- Fry the sausages until they are golden and crisp using just a hint of oil.
- Add the apple slices and let them cook in the juice of the sausages until they too become golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the apples and the sausages and cook for a further minute.
- Place the sausages and apples in the casserole dish. Pour in the apple juice and the chilli sauce and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and if adding beans, do so at this stage. Place in the oven at 200'C/Gas Mark 6 for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice, pasta or potatoes.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say