- japanese rice
- sushi vinegar
- tuna (sliced)
- pickled ginger
- Cook Japanese rice, spread sushi vinegar over the cooked rice. (This preparation will take approx 1.5 h)
- Prepare Tuna and cucumber. (This preparation will take approx 1h)
- Wet your hands thoroughly with tezu (vinegared water).
- Place the topping over the fingers of your left hand.
- Pick up the correct amount of sushi rice using your right hand, and hold it in the palm of your hand.
- Holding the rice with your other three fingers, use the index finger of your right hand to smear a small amount of wasabi on the topping.
- Place the ball of rice on the topping.
- Press the rice lightly with the thumb of your left hand.
- Still holding the sushi with the thumb of your left hand, press together the two sides of the sushi, using the thumb and index finger of your right hand.
- Cupping the sushi in the fingers of your left hand, use the first two fingers if your right hand to flatten the base.
- Flip the sushi over carefully in your left hand, so that the topping is uppermost.
- Use the fingers of your right hand to give the sushi a final shaping
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say