- batter: as for crepes suzette
- filling: cherry, raspberry or apricot jam, slightly warmed
- 1 egg white
- 2 oz caster sugar
- 0.50 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ground almonds
- Having made the pancakes in the usual way, lay one in an ovenproof dish, spread it thinly with warmed jam, cover with another pancake, then more jam and so on until there is a stack of about 8 or 10 pancakes.
- Whip the egg white stiffly, incorporate the sugar, vanilla and ground almonds.
- Spread on top of the pancakes and dust with caster sugar.
- Leave for 10 minutes then brown in cool oven, pre-heated to 300°F (150°C, Gas 2) for 15 minutes.
- Serve with warm custard.