- 15 slices streaky bacon
- for the filling:
- 25 g butter
- 2 shallots (finely diced)
- 225 g mushrooms
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper (for seasoning)
- to garnish: mixed lettuce leaves and tomato wedges
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and soften the shallots over a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and chopped mushrooms and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then tip in the breadcrumbs and parsley, mixing well.
- Cut the rind off the bacon.
- Using a knife, flatten and stretch each rasher.
- Spread the filling on to the rashers and roll up.
- Toss the rolls in flour, beaten egg and finally breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry until golden.
- Serve hot or cold, garnishing the serving dish with mixed lettuce leaves and tomato wedges.