- 50 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed to a smooth pulp)
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- 225 g self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tblsp natural yoghurt
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and pulped banana.
- Add, in alternate spoonfuls, the flour sifted with the salt, and the yoghurt.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4).
- Grease a loaf tin, pour in the mixture and bake for a bit over an hour, or until a skewer inserted in the thickest part of the loaf comes out clean.
- Turn out to cool on a wire rack.