- 1350 g leg or shank of lamb
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tblsp seasoned flour
- 50 ml olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4).
- Put the oil into a roasting tin and heat in the oven for 3 minutes, while you mix the mustard powder with the flour.
- Wipe the meat with a clean cloth and rub all over with the mustard/flour mix.
- Quickly remove the tin and roll the joint in the hot oil, to sear.
- Place the lamb in the roasting tin and return to the oven for 1hour 30minutes to 1hour 45minutes, basting every 30minutes.