- 1 crab
- 1 butter nut squash
- 300 g risotto rice
- Place crab in boiling water for 20 minutes to cook and then remove it from the water and let it cool down.
- Break off the claws and crack open to remove the white meat using a fork.
- Then use the back of a fork to lever off the top of the crab shell to get the brown meat out of the crab, remove the feathery deadman’s fingers and do not eat them as they are poisonous.
- Whizz up the brown meat in a bowl. Keep the white and brown separate meat separate.
- To soften the squash for peeling pop into a microwave for 30 seconds, remove and peel the squash and dice into small pieces. Roast in 200°C oven for a half an hour.
- Sweat the finely diced onion in a pan. Add arborio rice and sweat the two for three minutes under a low heat. Then add the water little by little until soaked in to the rice for about twenty minutes, stirring all the while.
- Finish with some butter and cream and stir for about two minutes, then stir in the squash and brown meat puree. Finally fold in your white crab meat gently and serve.