- for the chocolate brownie
- 225 g butter
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g chopped hazelnuts
- 4 large eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- for the chocolate mousse:
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs-separated
- 250 ml cream (softly whipped)
- kirsch liqueur
- Firstly... Melt Dark chocolate (300g) and spread it out over a piece of parchment paper and allow it to set. Transfer it to the freezer if needs be. Cut into rectangular pieces (10cm x 4cm).
- For the Chocolate Brownie:
- Melt chocolate and butter together. Mix eggs and sugar until they reach the ribbon stage (sabayon). Fold in the dark chocolate and butter mixture.
- Fold in the plain flour, baking powder and chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes approx until mixture is set to the touch. Allow the brownie to cool and then cut into the same size as the chocolate discs. It should be quite thin.
- For the Chocolate Mousse:
- Melt the dark chocolate, Whip egg whites to the meringue stage.
- Add egg yolks to dark chocolate. This will firm up-don’t panic.
- Mix In the softly whipped cream and the kirsch and then fold in the egg whites. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Put the chocolate disc on the plate and top with a piece of the mousse, then add a thin layer of brownie. Repeat this process to build up the dessert and finish with a layer of mousse.
- Drizzle some Moreno cherries around the side of the dessert.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say