The perfect serving for mince pies
- 120 g butter
- 240 g muscavado sugar
- 1 large egg (whisked)
- 70 ml armagnac
- 70 ml grand marnier
- cream for whipping
- In a thick bottomed pan, melt the butter. Add the sugar, stir to combine, then take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Then, add the whisked egg, Armagnac and Grand Marnier and pop in the fridge.
- Whenever you want to have some of this sauce, lightly whip some cream, add some of the liqueur, butter sugar mix and stir to combine.
- The amount of liqueur-mix you add to the cream is entirely up to you, depending on your taste preferences. Just make sure to add a little at a time, until you have the flavour and consistency you want.
- The main thing is to enjoy this beautiful festive treat.
More by Arun Kapil:
- Today: Have a Liver Bit of Arun Kapil's Dinner
- Cauliflower 'Chips': Arun Kapil Today show recipe
- Sofa Chicken: Arun Kapil's Today recipe