A great way to use any small pieces of leftover vegetables and also to get children to eat vegetables
- 3 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cup diced vegetables (any leftover selection)
- 2 (1lb) tins of tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- sea salt
- If the vegetables you are using are already cooked the cooking time can be halved.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Saute the onion until soft. Add the garlic and sauté a further minute.
- Add the vegetables, tomatoes and a half a tin of water to the pot along with a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Roughly tear the basil and add to the sauce and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve over spaghetti or pasta shapes
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Red Cabbage, Apple: St Patrick's Day Alternative
- Vegetable and Tofu Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Muffuletta Sandwich