Make this seasonally flavoured apple cake.
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 level teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 150 g chopped dates
- 75g dark brown sugar
- 2 eating apples (grated)
- 120 ml orande juice
- 2 eggs
- 90 ml sunflower oil
- 2 dessert spoons of chopped walnuts
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a 2lb loaf tin to bake the cake in.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the chopped dates and make a well in the centre.
- Next add in the sugar, grated apples, walnuts, eggs and all of your liquids.
- Mix thouroughly until the mixture is well combined.
- Spoon into your prepared tins and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin and then invert.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show