A tasty receipe perfect to use up any leftover potatoes
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 boiled potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 bowl of steamed or roasted leftover vegetables
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1 herbs (parsley, oregano, chives, chopped fine)
- small amount of cheese (grated)
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, fry the onion gently until soft but not brown.
- Add the diced cooked potato and fry until the potato becomes brown at the edges. Add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper and stir in any herbs at this stage.
- Beat the eggs, Lower the heat and pour over the potato and vegetables mixture. Stir to combine the egg and vegetables.
- Press down with the back of a wooden spoon and allow the dish to set. When the dish is almost set, sprinkle with grated cheese and place under the grill to set and brown the top.
- Slide onto a plate and slice into wedges.
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Vegetable and Tofu Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Muffuletta Sandwich
- Halloumi and baby potato skewers