A never fails dish.
- 2 lb lean stewing lamb
- 3 large white onions
- 4 medium carrots (peeled and quartered)
- 2 large russet potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tblsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- Seal off your lamb and place in a large pot along with, onions, carrots, potatoes, stock, bay leaves and thyme. Bring to a boil. Skim well and season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes, skimming and stirring occasionally.
- When the meat is tender, remove and set aside, along with the carrots, onions, and bay leaves.
- Discard the bay leaves.
- Place the remaining cooking liquid and potatoes in a blender and puree until smooth. Return to the pot and add meat, onions and carrots back into the liquid.
- Taste again and season with salt and pepper. Serve.