A tasty meal that only takes eight minutes to make!
- pork stir fry with cashew nuts:
- 1 pork steak (shredded into long thin strips)
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tblsp oil
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 75 g mixed mushrooms (torn roughly)
- 1 green pepper-sliced
- 75 g broccoli (broken into spears)
- approximately 12 cherry tomatoes (left whole)
- 3 tblsp chilli jam
- 75 g cashew nuts
- buttered noodles:
- 10oz/300g dried egg noodles
- 1oz/25g butter
- 1 tblsp chopped herbs
- Remove all excess fat and sinew from the pork steak and then cut the pork into medallions and cut each medallion into long thin strips.
- At this stage prepare all of the vegetables and have them sliced.
- Heat a large wok or sauté pan with the oil and add in the shredded pork.
- Sprinkle the pork with a little cayenne pepper and cook quickly for 2-3 minutes until the pork is browned.
- Add in the whole cherry vegetables and cook very quickly for a further 3-4 minutes until they have softened down. If you are nervous of the stir fry burning add in a couple of tablespoons of water
- Add in the chilli jam and mix well until fully coated.
- Meanwhile heat a separate pan and dry fry the cashew nuts until they are golden brown. Store in a separate container until required.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add in the egg noodles. Allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes and then drain well in a large colander.
- Return them to the saucepan and add in the butter and the mixed herbs and mix well.
- Serve the pork stir-fry on top of the buttered noodles on a large platter and sprinkle the roasted cashew nuts on top.
Kevin's tip: To save time, cook noodles in advance and refresh them under cold water. If you have more time you could marinade the pork in some oil and cayenne pepper for a spicier flavour.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon