Try chorizo or fennel sausages.
- 400 g sausages
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (finely sliced)
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1 carrot (finely diced)
- 2 celery stalks (finely sliced)
- 3 tblsp chopped parsley
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 400 g tin of cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- parmesan shavings (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat some oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat.
- Cook the sausages for 15 minutes, until fully cooked. Remove from the pan and slice into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté on a low heat for 7-10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, carrots, celery and parsley. Allow to cook for 2 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Return the sausages to the pan.
- In a separate pan, heat the chicken stock and tomatoes, then add the wine, stock and tomatoes to the casserole dish.
- Stir and cover tightly with foil or a lid.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan shavings and drizzle with some olive oil.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio
- DIY Baked potatoes