Perfect for St Stephen's Day brunch.
- for the batter:
- 300 g milk
- 45 g flour
- 45 g sugar
- 37 g butter (melted)
- 4½ yolks egg
- 3 g baking powder
- ½ vanilla pod
- ¼ lemon zest
- for the meringue:
- 25 g sugar
- 4½ egg whites
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g cranberry sauce
- 25 g cream
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- Add the lemon zest and vanilla.
- Whisk in the milk and egg yolks last. Beat until a smooth batter.
- Make a meringue with the remaining sugar and egg whites, fold into the batter.
- To cook have a lightly greased non stick frying pan.
- Pour in mix as if cooking a pancake when brown on one side place in a pre heated oven at 180°C for 5/6 minutes.
- For the filling melt the chocolate, add boiled cream and mix with cranberry sauce.
- Spread the mix over the top of each crape.
- Serve with whipped cream.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Crêpe Souffle with Chocolate & Cranberry
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote