A deliciously textured soup.
- 500 ml water or chicken stock
- 1 lettuce
- 2 shallots
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch parsley
- salt, pepper
- Finely chop the shallots and sweat them in a little butter. Add the onion chopped finely and allow this to cook for a few more mintes before adding the carrots, peeled and diced.
- After a few minutes, add the water or stock, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- After this time, transfer to a food processor together with the chopped parsley and blend until smooth. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred the lettuce finely (butter letuce or little gems are excellent for this purpose), place a little in the bottom of soup bowls and pour the soup on top.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes