The creamed leek and peas are a great accompaniment to the fish.
- 4 monkfish tails (approx 90g each)
- 2 leeks
- 70 g peas (frozen peas are perfect)
- 240 ml double cream
- 1 tblsp english mustard (or to taste)
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25 g plain flour
- Firstly make the creamed leeks. Chop the leeks finely, and clean. Sweat in a saucepan with a little oil. When soft, add the peas, cream and mustard.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook on a medium heat for a few more minutes. This can be done in advance and heated up just before serving.
- Coat the monkfish (Cod, Pollock or any firmed flesh white fish can also be used) in flour. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the fish for about 7-9 minutes, turning as necessary. Heat up the leeks and divide between 4 plates. Place fish on top and serve with sauté potatoes.