Served with a beautiful sauce.
- fr the monkfish:
- 340 g monkfish fillets (trimmed and membrane removed)
- 125 g smoked pancetta (thinly sliced)
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary (separated into small sprigs)
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- for the sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves (skin on, crushed)
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 5/6 sage leaves
- 25 g butter
- juice of half lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6).
- Lay the pancetta out flat on a work surface with each slice slightly overlapping. Place the monkfish fillets on top, and arrange half the rosemary sprigs on the fish.
- Tightly roll the ends of the pancetta around the monkfish, then pierce the pancetta with the remaining rosemary sprigs.
- For the Sauce:
- Cook the garlic in the olive oil, for two minutes, remove the garlic and add the chicken stock, lemon juice sage and butter and cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large heavy-based ovenproof frying pan until hot, add the 60ml (4 tablespoons) of oil and heat until hot. Add the monkfish and seal for 5 minutes, turning the fish constantly.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 10 minutes, then turn off the oven and open the door slightly - this will keep the fish warm until you need to serve.