A fragrant, simply prepared dish.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 6 prawns
- 1 tblsp grated ginger
- 1 onion
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 2 tblsp thai fish sauce
- 2 tblsp rice wine
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 tomato puree
- 2 tblsp honey
- ½ chicken stock
- 2 tblsp lime juice
- 2 finger chillies
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cayenne chilli pepper
- 150 g basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Boil rice. When cook drain and let it cool down.
- Score the chicken with a sharp knife. Rub salt, cayenne and black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan and brown chicken for 1 mins each side. Place in a buttered pan.
- Roast until 10 mins or until cooked until desired.
- In a mixing bowl add ginger, rice wine, honey, tomato sauce, lime juice, stock.
- In a sauce pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil, add chopped onions. Let it fry a bit, add the prepared mixture.
- Let cook then add wine. Add chives. In a frying pan add lemon juice and fish sauce and add rice.
By Marie Miana Sevathean for MasterChef Ireland.