A light fish salad perfect for summery lunches.
- 8 scallops
- 16 prawn tails (cooked)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 shallot
- 6 radishes
- 1 cooked beetroot
- 1 oak leaf lettuce
- 3 pink rooster potatoes (cooked)
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- soy sauce
- Chop the cooked beetroot and place in a blender and reduce it to a purée. Transfer to a bowl and beat with an egg as for a mayonnaise and thicken it with olive oil. Add a splash each of balsamic vinegar and soy sauce.
- Dice the green pepper into a very small dice (brunoise).
- Take all the radishes and julienne them (use black radishes if available for a better effect). Arrange leaves of the oak leaf lettuce attractively in the centre of a plate, making a dome right in the middle and decorate these with the julienned radishes.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and sauté these in a little olive oil followed by the scallops.
- Now pour a few drops of balsamic vinegar on the salad and place the scallops in the middle of the domed leaves. Drizzle the beetroot sauce around the outside.
- Take the prawn tails and place these here and there in the salad. Place the sliced and sauteed potatoes around the sides of the domed section.
- Now scatter the diced pepper all over the salad and enjoy.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes