One for those summer evenings.
- for the pork:
- 600 g pork fillet
- 2 tblsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tblsp kecap manis
- 1 tblsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 thumb ginger (grated)
- sunflower oil
- for the salad:
- 1 papaya (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 1 tin sweetcorn
- 3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- ½ cucumber (diced)
- 6 peppadews (chopped)
- juice of 2 limes
- 2tbls fresh chopped coriander
- salt and pepper
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce, kecap manis, lime, garlic and ginger. Pour over the pork and marinate for an hour.
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a pan and sear the pork on all sides until crispy and sticky. Place in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together, season to taste.
- Serve the pork on top of the salad.
- Top Tips For Pork Fillet:
- Use thin strips in stir fries, especially sweet and sour.
- Flatten out with a mallet, flour, egg and crumb. Shallow fry in a little oil to make crispy schnitzels. Serve with mustard, mashed potato and cabbage.
- Skewer on bamboo skewers and add pineapple, peppers and onion. Marinate in sweet chilli sauce, lime and soy sauce. BBQ or cook under the grill.
- Use in a strognanoff instead of beef.
- Make a traditional Hungarian goulash.
- Cut open and flatten out, stuff with apricots, pistachio nuts and coriander. Wrap in Parma ham and roast in the oven.
- Same method, but stuff with wilted spinach and mushrooms, wrap in Parma ham.
- Cut the fillet into medallions and pan fry until golden, serve with a creamy mushroom sauce.
- Same method, but deglaze the pan with brandy, add cream, toasted flaked almonds and raisins.
- Cut into medallions, flatten each one out and using a toothpick, pin a fresh sage leaf to the 'saltimbocca'. Heat olive oil in the pan and cook sage leave down first the flip over. Deglaze the pan with Masala and make a gravy with chicken stock.
More by Rozanne Stevens:
- Monica's Berry Baileys Meringue Roulade
- Monica's Magic Molten Chocolate Pudding
- Norman's Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Lively Salsa