A tasty, simple meal to prepare.
- 2 turkey escalopes (breasts beaten thinly between cling film to flatten them out)
- 75 g plain flour (seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 free-range egg (beaten with a little milk)
- 110 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- for the red pepper salsa:
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 3 ½ flozs/100ml olive oil
- 1 fresh red chili
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (400°F/Gas 6).
- For the turkey escalopes, place the seasoned flour onto a plate, the beaten egg into a bowl and the breadcrumbs onto another plate.
- Roll each escalope first in the plain flour, then dip it in the beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs, shaking off the excess between each stage. Repeat this process with the other piece of turkey.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, place the coated escalopes into the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, and then place in the oven for 10 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Serve the turkey escallops with red pepper salsa and some crisp green vegetables.
- Red Pepper Salsa Method:
- Deseed the red peppers and cut into very fine dice.
- Cut the red chili into small dice also and add to the red pepper.
- On a hot pan cook the red peppers for a little less than a minute - just to soften them ever so slightly but be sure not to over cook them as they tend to disintegrate and loose their vivid colour. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Chop the red onions into small dice. Quarter and deseed the tomatoes. Chop into small dice also.
- When the red pepper and chili mixture have cooled, add in the diced red onion and plum tomatoes, crushed garlic. Tear the basil leaves into the mixture also.
- Season the mixture with a twist of black pepper.
- Pour on the olive oil and lime juice and mix well. Store in the fridge until required.
You can store this product in your fridge for three days.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops