A delicious way to prepare haddock.
- 1 part olive oil
- 1 part vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 spanish opinions
- 1.75 kg potatoes
- 2.5 kg fresh haddock
- lemon juice
- 1 l olive oil/calamari oil
- Heat the vegetable oil and the olive oil in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Add the garlic and fry until caramelisation starts to happen.
- Lower the heat and add the sliced onions.
- Sweat with a lid on until softened.
- Add the potatoes and sweat for 2-3 mins.
- Barely cover with milk, put a lid on and cook on a low heat until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add the fish and cook until the fish is ready.
- Blitz well.
- Slowly incorporate the olive/calamari oil whilst still blitzing.
- Season with salt, pepper, honey and lemon juice.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza
- Paul Flynn's Seafood Chowder