This is a very speedy supper that literally takes no time to prepare. Use any type of curry paste that is available or a heaped teaspoon of mild curry powder would also work well.
- 2 tblsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- 1 tblsp mild curry paste
- 450 g loin or leg of lamb (trimmed and cut into thin slices)
- 2 red peppers (cored, seeded and sliced)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 25 g mixed salad leaves
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 pitta bread or french stick (cut into 4 pieces)
- 4 tblsp greek style yoghurt or mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil and curry paste in a large bowl, add the lamb and mix well to combine, then season to taste. If time allows, cover with clingfilm and chill for up to 24 hours to allow the flavours to penetrate the meat.
- Heat a large frying pan and stir-fry the marinated lamb for 2-3 minutes until just sealed and lightly golden. Add the peppers and onion, then continue cooking for another few minutes until the vegetables are just tender but the peppers still have a bit of crunch. Season to taste.
- Mix the salad leaves in a bowl with a little extra olive oil and enough lemon juice to just coat. Pile into the pitta bread or pieces of French stick. Top with the lamb slices plus the pepper and onion mixture. Add a spoonful of Greek style yoghurt or mayonnaise to each one to serve.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Neven's Blue Cheese, Red Onion & Rosemary Focaccia
- Today: Neven Maguire's Snacks for Toddlers
- Neven's Flourless Orange and Almond Cake