A flavoursome and hearty salmon dish.
- 50 g butter
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 175 g long grain rice (cooked until just tender)
- 500 g cooked salmon (boned and flaked)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (roughly chopped)
- 2 tblsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 150 ml cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chives (finely chopped to garnish)
- Melt half the butter in a large pan, add the onion and fry until it is soft.
- Stir in the cooked rice, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon, eggs, parsley and cream, folding them carefully into the rice to prevent the fish and eggs from breaking up too much.
- Pile the kedgeree into an ovenproof dish.
- Grease a sheet of foil with the remaining butter and use to cover the dish.
- Heat thoroughly in a preheated oven, 180°C (350°F/Gas 4) for 15 minutes.
- When hot, serve sprinkled with the chives.