A tasty start to the day.
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- 175 g button mushrooms (quartered if large)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 small cooked potatoes (cubed)
- 4 small tomatoes (halved)
- 4 small eggs
- 125 g grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tblsp chopped chives or parsley (to garnish)
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and onion and fry for 5 minutes until golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and fry the potatoes for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Increase the heat, stir in the tomatoes, and fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Return the mushrooms and onions to the pan and season to taste.
- Make 4 holes in the mixture and carefully break an egg into each hole.
- Scatter over the cheese and place under a preheated hot grill for 4-5 minutes until the eggs are set and the cheese bubbling and golden.
- Sprinkle over the chopped chives or parsley and serve immediately.