A hearty and indulgent breakfast perfect to kick-start a lazy weekend.
- 4 lamb's kidneys (skinned, halved and cored, rinsed and dried with kitchen paper)
- 4 lamb cutlets (trimmed of excess fat)
- 4 fillet of beef steaks (each 100g or 450g rump steak, cut into 4 pieces)
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 rashers streaky bacon (rinds removed)
- 8 pork sausages
- 4 eggs
- 225 g black pudding (cut into 4 slices)
- 4 tomatoes (halved)
- 4 large, flat mushrooms
- First prepare the meats: brush the kidneys, cutlets and steaks with the olive oil and season well with the salt and pepper.
- Put the bacon rashers onto a board and stretch them with the back of a knife, then roll them up and thread onto cocktail sticks.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F/Gas 2).
- Put 2 large ovenproof serving dishes into the oven to warm.
- Heat the grill to high and cook the ingredients in the following order, removing them as they're cooked and putting them onto the serving dishes to keep warm in the oven.
- First, grill the sausages and kidneys for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently, then grill the lamb cutlets and bacon rolls for 5-6 minutes.
- Next, grill the steaks and black pudding for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the rack from the grill pan, add the tomatoes and mushrooms and brush with the hot fat remaining in the pan.
- Season well with salt and pepper and grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange the tomatoes and mushrooms on the dish with the meats.
- Skim all the fat from the juices remaining in the grill pan and spoon the juices over the meats.
- Finally, fry the eggs, and serve the lot!