A really useful prepare-ahead salad.
- 125 ml french dressing
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 450 g beetroot (cooked, peeled and diced)
- 450 g cooked long-grain rice
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 large eating apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100 g cooked asparagus (chopped)
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg (sliced)
- 4 parsley sprigs
- Mix in a bowl, French dressing, mustard, tarragon and parsley, beating well with a fork. Add the beetroot, rice and onion to the dressing and, using two large spoons, toss the salad in the dressing. Place the bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- The following day, put the apple in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice. Add the asparagus and mayonnaise and stir well until the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Remove the rice mixture from the refrigerator and pour the mayonnaise mixture on to the rice mixture. Toss the salad, using two spoons. Transfer the salad to a chilled serving bowl and garnish with the slices of hard-boiled egg and parsley sprig. Serve immediatly.