An easy and satisfying sandwich.
- 450 g/1 cooked chicken
- 8 oz cooked ham (chopped)
- 1 french stick
- 1 head lettuce (washed)
- ½ a cucumber (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- softened butter
- 5 tblsp mayonnaise
- 3 tblsp tomato purée
- 0.5 a medium onion (thinly sliced)
- Cut the French stick in half, lengthways, and scoop out the bread from the bottom (keep this in case you want to make breadcrumbs later).
- Spread the butter along the top half of the bread.
- Shred the lettuce and line the hollow length of the stick with it, squashing it down.
- In a large bowl, mix all the other ingredients with the mayonnaise and tomato puree.
- Spread this mixture evenly along the lettuce base, and replace the top half of the stick.
- Cut evenly into four portions.