A great hot sandwich.
- 4 slices buttered white bread
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 slices cooked ham
- 2 generous cheddar cheese slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 tblsp oil
- oil for shallow frying
- salt and pepper
- Spread the mustard over two buttered slices of bread; put the ham and cheese on top and cover with remaining bread.
- Beat the egg and oil together, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Coat each sandwich with the egg mixture and then shallow-fry in the oil until golden brown on each side.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve.