A great combination of eggs and vegetables.
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 175 g can sweetcorn
- 0.5 a red pepper (chopped)
- 0.5 a teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 8 eggs
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Open the cans and prepare the vegetables: drain the sweetcorn but keep the tomato juice.
- Take a deep dish and mix all the vegetables very well, adding plenty of seasoning.
- Put half into a deep oven proof dish; then put the eggs on top.
- Cover this with the rest of the vegetables, grate the cheese and lay it over the top.
- Put it into a hot oven 200°C (400°F/Gas 6) and cook for about half an hour until the top is nicely golden and bubbling.
- Serve hot with rice or mashed spuds.
- Incidentally, you can also put mashed potatoes on top, or any leftover ham or chicken.
- Very sustaining on a cold day!