Wonderful bite sized appetizers that are perfect for a party or as a starter.
- 340 g cream cheese (i.e. 'philadelphia.')
- 85 g watercress (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 8 long, thin slices white bread (cut lengthways from a large sandwich loaf, crusts removed)
- 450 g smoked salmon (thinly sliced)
- lemon juice for sprinkling
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the pinwheels the day before you want to serve them.
- Mix the cream cheese and watercress together.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll each slice of bread to make it thin and flexible.
- Spread evenly with the cream cheese mixture, then cover with a thin layer of salmon, trimming to fit where necessary.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the salmon and season with the pepper.
- Starting from a short end, roll up each slice tightly like a swiss roll.
- Wrap each roll tightly in cling film and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, unwrap, cut each roll into five slices and arrange on a serving dish.