Refreshing and light dessert.
- 2 small ripe melons (different colours if possible, weighing about 700g)
- 2 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 50 g sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Halve the melons, take out the seeds and then scoop all the flesh from the skins, keeping the two colours separate.
- Liquidize the chunks of scooped-out melon, add half the lemon juice and half the sugar to each, taste and add a little more sugar as necessary.
- Turn the two mixtures into separate containers, freeze until there is a solid layer about 2.5 cm/1 inch round the edges, then break it up with a fork.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and standing in peaks but not dry, then add the frozen melon (still keeping each colour separate) and continue to whisk, to make a thick, fluffy mixture.
- Pour each mixture back into its container and freeze again until solid.
- About an hour before you want to eat the sorbet, take the containers of sorbet out of the freezer and stand them on a shelf in the fridge to give them time to soften a little.
- Put alternate spoonfuls of each colour in individual glasses and garnish with Crystallized Mint Leaves.