- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 1 egg white
- granulated sugar
- Wash the leaves and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Beat the egg white lightly, just to break it up.
- Have a saucer of sugar ready.
- Brush the mint leaves all over with egg white then dip them into the sugar, coating them on both sides.
- Lay the leaves on a piece of greaseproof paper on a dry baking sheet and put them into a very cool oven, 120°C (250°F/Gas .5) for about 2 hours to dry out, until they are crisp and brittle.
- Cool, then store in an airtight tin until needed.