- 450 g cooked chicken (finely chopped)
- 60 g tinned anchovy fillets (well drained and finely chopped)
- 2 tblsp capers (finely chopped)
- 6 level tablespoons tartare sauce
- 4 level tablespoons mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper
- 115 g butter (softened)
- 10 thin slices brown bread
- 175 g crisp lettuce (trimmed and shredded)
- 10 thin slices white bread
- Make these 3-4 hours in advance.
- Put the chopped chicken, anchovies, capers, tartare sauce and mayonnaise into a bowl, season with the black pepper and mix well together.
- Spread the butter thinly over each slice of bread, then spread the chicken mixture evenly over each brown slice.
- Sprinkle with the shredded lettuce and top with the slices of white bread.
- Stack the sandwiches together, wrap in cling film and chill.
- Just before serving, unwrap, remove the crusts, cut the sandwiches into small triangles and arrange on a serving dish.