- 4 chicken breasts
- 100 g butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 level tablespoon flour
- 1 level tablespoon fresh tarragon (dried can be used if fresh is unavailable)
- 15 floz chicken stock
- 5 floz cream
- 75 ml white wine
- salt and black pepper
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter, soften the onion and remove to a casserole dish.
- Next, sauté the chicken 'till it is golden brown.
- Simmer for about ten minutes over a low heat, then sprinkle with the tarragon and stir.
- Now add the flour, stock and wine - stir, and cover.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, when the chicken should be tender.
- Add the cream and stir.
- It's ready now, so check the seasoning and give it to someone you're really fond of!