- 1 cooked chicken carcass
- raw giblets and trimmings from the chicken (excluding livers)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 large stick celery (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 parsley stalks
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1.80 l water
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, skimming any scum from the surface, occasionally.
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for two and a quarter hours.
- Strain the stock through a sieve and allow to cool thoroughly before refrigerating.
- After it's chilled you can skim off any fat, which will have risen to the surface.