- 450 g carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1.80 l chicken stock
- juice and grated rind of 2 oranges
- pinch of ground coriander
- 3 tblsp cream
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Put the stock, chopped carrots and onion into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the carrots are soft, then liquidise the mixture in your blender and return to the saucepan.
- Add the orange juice and coriander and heat gently.
- Check for seasoning.
- Pour into your soup bowls or tureen, swirl the cream over the surface and sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
- Mix the grated orange rind with some butter, spread on brown bread and serve with the soup.