- 1 vienna loaf
- 225 g sliced mozzarella cheese
- 450 g tomatoes (sliced)
- 225 g cooked ham (shredded)
- 3 oz butter
- 2 cloves garlic (pulped)
- 1 chopped parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Put the butter, garlic, parsley and lemon juice into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly together.
- Cut the Vienna loaf into slices about 2.5cm/1in thick and spread each slice with the garlic and parsley butter.
- Layer alternately each slice with shredded ham, sliced tomatoes and top with a slice of mozzarella.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6); place the covered bread slices on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about ten minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve garnished with parsley sprigs.