- 450 g carrots (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 25 g butter
- grated zest and juice of two oranges
- 600 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 glass dry sherry sea salt freshly-ground black pepper
- fresh coriander, parsley or croutons to garnish
- Place the carrots, onions and butter in the pan, cover with parchment and cook over a low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onion softens.
- Add the orange zest, juice and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, toast some bread for croutons, and cut them into attractive shapes, like stars or hearts.
- Blend the soup in a liquidizer or with a hand-held blender until smooth.
- Add the sherry and season to taste.
- Serve in nice, big bowls garnished with chopped coriander or parsley and one or two of the croutons.
- This soup can also be served cold. Chill it very well before garnishing and serving.