- 100 g oatmeal
- 550 ml water or milk
- pinch of salt
- Use a thick- based saucepan and bring the water to the boil, adding salt.
- Then sprinkle the oatmeal on top of the liquid and stir all the time until the porridge thickens, cover with a lid and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- If you have an Aga this does brilliantly in the simmering oven overnight so that it is ready to eat in the morning.
- In that case, use only 450 ml of water/milk and put into the Aga as soon as the porridge has thickened.
- You may serve this with either milk or yoghurt, and stewed fruit. It is also delicious with a little cream!