- 8 large scallops (shelled and roe removed)
- 4 parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 2 eating apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp curry paste or powder (for hotter add more)
- 200 g butter
- 4 parma ham slices
- 150 ml cider
- Sweat onion, garlic and ginger in 200g butter for 1 minute. Add parsnip and apple, cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add curry paste/powder cook for 1 minute. Add stock, season with salt and pepper, allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cider, liquidise and pass through sieve.
- Cut scallops in half and sear on hot oiled non stick pan, 30 seconds each side.
- Place parma ham between two greased oven trays bake in oven until crisp (10 mins).
- Pour veloute into bowls. Place scallops in centre with parma ham. Serve with crusty bread.