- 200 g dark chocolate (preferably courverture)
- 200 g flour
- 6 eggs
- 300 g sugar
- 100 g butter (unsalted)
- dash of orange liquer
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water and add orange liqueur. We use Cointreau for our cake.
- Lightly whisk eggs and sugar together till sugar is dissolved. Fold the flour into the egg and sugar mix trying to incorporate air into the mix.
- Once this is mixed well add the chocolate mixture (ensure that it had cooled down enough so it does not cook the eggs).
- Fold together again, trying to incorporate air.
- Exact cooking times vary from oven to oven. Cook generally for 32 minutes on 160°C, turning halfway through cooking.
- Leave to cool before taking it out of the tin.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say